Creating Perspectives: Business for Development in East Africa
Creating Perspectives is a project funded by the Germany Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) aiming at improving the competitiveness and productivity of SMEs in East Africa.
The Goal: Building partnerships and networks.
The programme pursues to build partnerships and networks among and between East African and foreign companies. By working closely with Business Membership Organizations [BMOs] the project ensures a know-how transfer and exchange on various SME topics.
What are our Objectives:
- Increase productivity, competitiveness and innovation in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in EAC member states
- Establish sustainable offers for capacity building (demand driven)
- Create innovative projects
- Provide information on access to finance.
How we work:
- Based on in-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses (SWOT) for applying companies the country team will steer the nomination process.
- A solid company strategy and a clear focus on deliverables and targets are prerequisites for mutual understanding and successful cooperation.
- In alignment with Project requirements, a path for a tailor-made enterprise development will be outlined.
Voice of Private & Public Sector:
The Würth Group is world market leader in its core business, the trade in assembly and fastening material: “Based on our own history of growth we think "Creating Perspectives. Business for Development" follows the right approach: Investing into knowledge-transfer, training, business-to-business contacts and building networks between East African and German companies that last. We are especially looking for opportunities in automotive parts, cargo/transport markets and steel fabrication markets."
Become part of it.
Are you a SME planning to scale-up the business model in East African Market and you desire support and know-how to realize full potential?
We are seeking for general enterprises with an annual turnover between 50.000 – 5 Million USD, not less than 10 employees and not less than 3 years in the market.
Regional and international collaboration should be seen as a driving force for success in future.
Why joining a Business Association:
- Supplementing trainings and consulting according to the respective needs
- Platform for B2B activities domestically and internationally
- Advocacy for the interest of private sector
Contacts in Kampala:
Uganda Small Scale Industries Association (USSIA)
Joseph B.M. Ssekandi,
+256 (0) 701,772 620 744
Uganda Manufacturer’s Association (UMA)
+256 (0) 712181182
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
+256 782 886 342